CLEAN ROOM ACCESS PROTOCOL
CNI SHARED FACILITIES NEWS
CLEAN ROOM RENOVATION
CLEAN ROOM ACCESS PROTOCOL
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
PROCESS AND FABRICATION
EQUIPMENT RATES and SUPERUSERS
Please read the access protocol described in the steps below. Should any questions remain after completing these steps, contact the Clean Room Staff at email@example.com. Until you have completed steps 1 to 6 of this protocol and have gained access through the Staff, you are not permitted to enter the Clean Room under any other circumstance.
1) Subscribe to our Newsletter to get updates and news on the clean room as well as the other shared facility labs.
2) Take the Environmental Health & Safety Training Class (TC0950): link for dates, times, and locations. The first training should be taken in person, the renewals can be done on-line:
Morningside, Havemayer Building http://ehs.columbia.edu/TrainingSchedule.html
Medical Center: http://www.ehs.columbia.edu/TrainingScheduleMC.html
3) Take the TC1650 - Hydrofluoric Acid (HF) training in 'Rascal' web-site and complete the test.
6) Please attend the clean room orientation for new users. Sign up to a clean room orientation here. Wait for a confirmation from the clean room staff with the date and time of the orientation. Send a description of your process and the equipment you intend to you in the clean room to the clean room staff prior to the orientation using this form. Annual attendance of clean room users meeting is mandatory. The dates of the meetings will be announced.
7) After a new research member has completed all the requirements, they will be able to gain access to the Clean Room and some of the equipment like optical microscopes. In order to gain access to the majority of the clean room equipment the new user will need to be certified on each specific piece of equipment. For certification and more information or help in getting certified on the equipment please contact the super user for the equipment or ask firstname.lastname@example.org for help. For more information go to training and certification policy.
8) In order to gain access to the Clean Room equipment you must have a Badger account (Use the links under Badger Tab) and send a new account form signed by your PI or administrator to email@example.com.
Please note that your access to the clean room will expire when your safety credentials (certificates) expire. You can renew them on-line and if you send the updated certificate to the clean room staff on-time, your access will be renewed seamlessly. You access will expire if you do not send your updated certificate to the clean room staff.
A Certificate of Fitness and a buddy who is a certified user of the clean room and an holds a valid CoF (C14) are required for after hours use of the Clean Room. To request after hours access after 3 months of standard operation hours access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, specify your UNI and how long have you been using the clean room. To search for a buddy join CNI group on Slack. Please note that the use of the following tools is only permitted between 7am and 9pm: Acid hood, Base hood, RCA station, LPCVD furnace, F-RIE, Cl-RIE, and PECVD.
Clean Room Hours of Operation:
Regular hours: Monday through Friday 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
After Hours: Monday through Friday 6:00 PM – 7:00 AM, Weekends and Holidays.