The Shared Laboratory Facilities consist of a Clean Room for micro- and nanofabrication, a Shared Materials Characterization Laboratory, and an Electron Microscopy Laboratory, all supporting the vision of the Columbia Nano Initiative. The Shared Labs provide access to equipment and services for student and faculty researchers at Columbia Univerisity and other academic institutions as well as researchers from government, entrepreneurial ventures, and established companies.
The Shared Labs include a wide range of processing, characterization and imaging instruments. The Clean Room offers a comprehensive set of tools for microfabrication and nanofabrication for applications such as nanoelectronic and nanophotonic devices, micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), flexible electronics, nano-bio interfaces, and more. The Materials Characterization Laboratory and the Electron Microscopy Laboratory offer state-of-the-art instruments for chemical and structural characterization of materials at the micro- and nanoscale. Users are charged nominal fees for the use of individual instruments. These charges are intended to cover the cost of machine regular maintenance and consumables. The labs do not seek to profit from user charges.
In order to become a user of our labs, click on the respective lab of interest and follow the access protocol (Clean Room, SMCL, and EM). Sign up for the CNI labs newsletter, using this link, for important lab related announcements, and open a Badger account which is required for the use of our labs. The new user account form can be found here.
- Full list of the Shared Labs Facilities equipment - PDF
- Download our Equipment list flyer - PDF
- Full joint list of the Shared Labs Facilities equipment at CU and at ASRC - PDF
- Detailed list of the Shared Labs Facilities equipment - PDF
- Price list for academic users using the Shared Labs Facilities - PDF (effective March 1st, 2018).
- Check out our External Users Program for lab users outside of Columbia.
- CNI SHARED LABS IN THE MEDIA.