SMCL ACCESS CHECKLIST
Please follow these steps to become an SMCL user:
1. Subscribe to this email list: http://eepurl.com/bqr4L5 for general CNI labs important announcements and news.
2. If you haven't done so, take Columbia's basic lab safety course (TC0950). Training is available 2x per month; check the schedules at both of the following links.
3. Visit Rascal at rascal.columbia.edu and take the radiation safety course TC3400. Download your TC3400 and TC0950 certificates from Rascal; save them as "[your uni]-tc0950.pdf" and "[your uni]-tc3400.pdf". If you have an FDNY C-14 card, take a picture called "[your uni]-c14.jpg". Send these three files to Melody Gonzalez (mg3779) with the title “SMCL access request”. If you don’t have a C-14 card, your access will be 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Use the hyperlink to get to Rascal website Rascal.
4. Open a Badger account by visiting this link or by following the instructions here. The Badger account form request can be downloaded here.
5. To request training, fill out the training request form: CNI Labs Training Request Form
6. If you would like to store materials in the SMCL, contact Melody Gonzalez (mg3779) to request a storage bin.