LAURELL SPIN COATER
The spin processor housing has been machined from solid virgin grade materials which do not degrade or generate particles. The bowl-shaped interior forces fluid downward where it is routed directly to the rear drain. The upper plenum closes inside the base providing an overlapping seal. A proprietary motor seal protects the motor and control electronics from chemical contamination. This unique seal has proven to be sub-micron particle-free during field testing. Nitrogen purged process chamber is standard.
Since new spinners will be available in the new clean room, the laurell spinner is designated to "dirty" materials such as PDMS etc. After a substrate is loaded on to the chuck, vacuum hold-down is engaged from the side mounted control panel and the lid closed, a preprogrammed process is selected and then initiated by only a few keystrokes.
This model has been precisely machined from solid natural Polypropylene (NPP).
The same process can not be run inadvertently on the same substrate. When a process completes, "END" is displayed and must be cleared by opening the door (presumably to change substrates) or changing programs. This feature is easily bypassed if an operator does want to run the same process twice.
When in program mode (with safety interlocks satisfied), any step can be viewed, changed, or activated. This feature, exclusive to Laurell spin processors, allows for a real "hands-on" manual feel to program writing and interrogation. This ability also gives the process engineer a way to actually see immediately what is happening by single stepping the program toggling functions on and off at will until the desired result is achieved.
- Real-time display of all program functions
- 20 program / 51 steps per program memory storage on each controller
- Permanent (non-volatile) setup and program storage
- Digital readout of closed loop speed control - control resolution is < 0.5 RPM.
- Repeatability specification is <0.5 RPM with no accumulation of error
- Acceleration/deceleration rate programmable in every step
- Vacuum and lid interlocks - display of actual vacuum at the wafer (will not allow rotation if hold-down force is insufficient) the set point is user adjustable.
- Energy saving automatic shutdown after 10 minutes of non-use
- Step time from 0.1 seconds to 99 minutes 59.9 seconds
- Selectable skip-step (to quickly move forward in the process while it is running)
For additional information about the Laurell Spin Coater, please contact James Vichiconti at firstname.lastname@example.org or email the clean room staff at email@example.com.