The Shared Labs Facilities consisting of a Nanofabrication Cleanroom, a Shared Materials Characterization Laboratory and an Electron Microscopy Laboratory supports the vision of the Columbia Nano Initiative. The Shared Labs Facilities manages the labs catering to the research community within and outside of Columbia University as well to businesses and entrepreneurship ventures.
The Shared Labs Facilities includes a wide range of processing, characterization and imaging instruments. Users are charged nominal fees for the use of individual instruments. These charges are intended to cover the cost of machine regular maintenance and consumables. The labs do not seek to profit from user charges.
In order to become a user of our labs click on the respective lab you wish to you and follow the access protocol (Clean Room, SMCL, and EM). Make sure you sign up for the CNI labs newsletter, using this link, for important lab related announcements and open a Badger account which is required for the use of our labs. The new user account form can be found here.
- Full list of the Shared Labs Facilities equipment - PDF
- Download our Equipment list flyer - PDF
- Full joint list of the Shared Labs Facilities equipment at CU and at ASRC - PDF
- Detailed list of the Shared Labs Facilities equipment - PDF
- Price list for using the Shared Labs Facilities - PDF (effective September 1st, 2017).